Monday 16 May 2011

Punisher 19.7


The hunt:

I was roaming solo through Molden Heath when I spotted a Rupture sitting on a gate. The pilot seemed to be afk, and certainly did not respond when I orbited him and then rammed him.

Now, at first I assumed this was bait, and I went on my way. Coming back through the system some time later, though, the Rupture was still there - and now the only other person in system.

Of course, I could not engage him as things currently stood - the gate guns would destroy me instantly. I tried repeatedly ramming his ship to push him out of gate gun range, but after 10 minutes I had only moved him about 10km and I decided I needed backup.

So a call went out over the Tuskers corp channel, and I was soon joined by Eshnala in her Hurricane. Eshnala soon broke the Rupture into little pieces, but not before I got a few shots in while Eshnala tanked the gate guns.

2011.05.01 09:37:00

Victim: colpunisher
Corp: Warriors in Number5
Alliance: Dragoons.
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Rupture
System: Illamur
Security: 0.3
Damage Taken: 8850

Involved parties:

Name: Eshnala (laid the final blow)
Security: -7.1
Corp: The Tuskers
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
Damage Done: 7764

Name: Taurean Eltanin
Security: -1.5
Corp: The Tuskers
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Punisher
Weapon: J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Damage Done: 1086

Destroyed items:

Dual 180mm AutoCannon I
Phased Plasma M, Qty: 155
Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I
N-Type Explosive Hardener I
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 13
EMP M, Qty: 313
Heavy Missile Launcher I
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
Titanium Sabot M, Qty: 157
Warp Scrambler I
Nuclear S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Carbonized Lead M, Qty: 600 (Cargo)
Depleted Uranium M, Qty: 400 (Cargo)
Tracking Disruptor I (Cargo)
Small Armor Repairer I (Cargo)
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M, Qty: 1614 (Cargo)
Proton M, Qty: 7340 (Cargo)
Small Energy Transfer Array I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Medium Capacitor Booster II (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Dual 180mm AutoCannon I, Qty: 3
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 13
Stasis Webifier I
Heavy Missile Launcher I
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
Target Painter I
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II (Cargo)
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Phased Plasma M, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet EMP M, Qty: 144 (Cargo)
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 44 (Cargo)
250mm Light Artillery Cannon I (Cargo)



Post battle review:

This is the sort of thing that makes being in the Tuskers so great. It's not that all of a sudden I stop roaming solo, it's that sometimes you see something that you can't quite handle in the ship you are in. Corpless, you have to just let these things go, but when you have corpmates nearby it's often not too hard to put together something that works.


Lessons for the future:

While I have no real desire to fly battlecruisers, it certainly is nice to be able to call one in as backup.

4 comments:

  1. You seem to be nearing the end of your plan.

    What is next? The Omen plan? The harbinger plan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember at first that I had no real desire to fly battlecruisers because I thought that they would be slow and clunky. This is undoubtedly true against frigates, but then I discovered the nanocane. Fast, fairly agile, extremely powerful, good HP. They grow on you with use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Truen1ight said! Once you've flown a hurricane, no other ship is quite the same anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confirming the nano-cane is a great ship. Armor cane is also nice for close range brawling. I just hate paying to repair the armor after a fight lol.

    ReplyDelete