Tuesday 8 March 2011

Punisher 10


The fit:

3 Gatling Pulse Lasers 2 (Navy Multifrequency & Scorch)
5W Infectious Power Malfunction

Cold-gas Arcjet Thrusters
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Inhibitor

Small I-a Polarized Armor Regenerator
Adaptive Nano Plating 2
Damage Control 2
200mm Rolled Tungsten


The hunt:

I was on a roam around Molden Heath, when saw FeistyOne in local - the pilot that downed me in Punisher 7. I said hello, and expressed my regret for not giving her a "gf" last time. We started chatting, and I was challenged to a T1 frigate dual. How could I refuse?

A few minutes later I spotted a Tristram on my scanner, and guessed it was FeistyOne. We agreed to warp to the sun at zero, and start as soon as we landed.

And that's exactly what we did. We pointed each other, and opened fire. Because she was using blasters, I tried to cap her out. I made sure that I kept our respective speeds in within my tracking profile, and it was a straight up damage race.

Which she won - by a respectable (but not embarrassing) margin.

2011.03.05 15:31:00
Victim: Taurean Eltanin
Corp: Strategic Conflicts Incorporated
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Punisher
System: Atlar
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 2313


Involved parties:
 

Name: FeistyOne (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Corp: Twisted Inc.
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Ship: Tristan
Weapon: Light Electron Blaster II
Damage Done: 2313
 

Destroyed items:
 

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher I (Cargo)
Fusion S (Cargo)
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
ECM Burst I, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Small I-a Polarized Armor Regenerator
Small Armor Repairer I (Cargo)
EMP S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Massive Scordite (Cargo)
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon I (Cargo)
Gatling Pulse Laser II
Scorch S (Cargo)
Proton S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Shield Recharger I (Cargo)
 

Dropped items:
 

Photon Scattering Field I (Cargo)
Small Shield Transporter I (Cargo)
Monopropellant I Hydrazine Boosters (Cargo)
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
250mm Light Artillery Cannon I (Cargo)
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S, Qty: 2
Miner I (Cargo)
Damage Control II
Phased Plasma S, Qty: 101 (Cargo)

Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters

5W Infectious Power System Malfunction
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Gatling Pulse Laser II, Qty: 2
Small Capacitor Battery I (Cargo)
Scorch S, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Proton S, Qty: 101 (Cargo
)

Gf's all around, and FeistyOne then contracted my wreck back to me, which was really awesome.


Post battle review:

Again, my ability to deal and absorb damage was simply less than my enemy's ability to do so. While I have been working on my fitting skills, my damage and tanking skills have been neglected. I will need to do something about that soon.

When the battle was first ended, I was kicking myself for not trying to get out of the Tristram's optimal. In hindsight, however, the web meant that I had no ability to do so. Still, I should have considered the possibility, rather than overlooked it. I need to work on that.

I am also becoming more dissatisfied with the neut. I love the idea, but it is yet another area where my skills are simply measured against my opponent's skills, and I don't have the capacitor skills to win that competition yet. I will have to consider going back to the nos, at least in the short term, so I can get a few more rep cycles in.


Lessons for the future:

Try (at the very least) to control tracking and range. Also start working on tanking skills as soon as reasonably possible.


Tangent:

Most of the time, I just don't understand why people go on and on about Eve being dark and seedy game. Everyone I meet seems to be pretty awesome. In fact, the people who blow me up seem to be the most awesome; it's only the carebears that get snippy. And I bet they are really nice to other carebears.

Sure, I see some (really) obvious scammers in local, but they just take advantage of other player's greed.  As W C Feilds once said "You can't cheat an honest man. He has to have larceny in his heart in the first place."

Perhaps what people find in New Eden is simply a reflection of themselves.

3 comments:

  1. A neut is nice, but the Punisher is already fairly capacitor-heavy with the lasers and armor rep running. Might as well go full bore as long as you can and then leech off of your opponents. : >

    How close are you to training Thermodynamics?

    Eve is designed to be Dark, but there's good people to be found everywhere. I've actually made FAR more friends shooting people in low-sec than I ever have carebearing up in high sec.

    Null sec is a bit different. Man, those guys are paranoid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have thermodynamics iii, now. Although I don't mention it, I'm pretty good about overheating my guns as soon as it's clear I won't win otherwise.

    But still, I should mention that in my reports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken up you strategy of buying ships and getting exploded to learn as well. Out of the 3 times I've been popped one person looked at the killmail and told me what was wrong with my fit(doubled my dps) and the second reimbursed me with the 1mil fit just for the fact that I didn't run and gave him a decent fight.

    Thanks for this blog, it's given me a number of things I need to look at it in my fit as well as faith that there are in fact good people in New Eden.

    ReplyDelete