Wednesday 12 October 2016

Hot-rodding

hot rod
noun
noun: hotrod
  1. 1.
    a motor vehicle that has been specially modified to give it extra power and speed.
verb
verb: hotrod
  1. 1.
    modify (a vehicle or other device) to make it faster or more powerful.
    "I was told the program did an even better job of hot-rodding hardware"
  2. 2.
    drive a hot rod.
    "as a teenager he preferred a steady wage and time to go out hot-rodding"

We make our own goals in Eve, and something that I've never really done is fly maxed out ships. My do-no-actual-work playstyle doesn't stretch the ISK that far.

All the same, I like the idea of a ship that I'm constantly tinkering with as a hobby, like that classic car in the garage that you only ever drive for recreation - never serious business - and that you keep upgrading, mostly for your own amusement.

Now that I have a little money coming in from FW, I've purchased a Succubus hull. As pirate faction ships go, it's pretty cheap, largely because it's not actually very good.

It's not a bad hull, but it's not in the same league as the Garmur, or the Daredevil. And it looks like a particularly aggressive beetle. But, to be honest, souping up the spaceship equivalent of a VW Bug is pretty amusing.

I'm using this as an excuse to really dive deep into fitting decisions and game mechanics, and I already have a few posts in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment