Monday 29 October 2012

Drake v Magnate


I was looking through my unpublished drafts, and I found this post. It's fairly amusing, because it records my first impression of flying a Drake in "combat". Now, of course, I enjoy flying the Drake, but that was not always the case.

Yeah, so I destroyed a cyno ship in my Drake.

Not a big deal, really, but it was my first time flying my Drake in "combat". In fact, I only pulled it out to hit the cyno ship, and I only had a couple of T1 launchers on it (T2 launchers finish in a few days).

Still, I thought I'd record my first impressions.

To begin with, the ROF on the Drake is slooooooow. I mean, wow, I could go and grab a sandwich between volleys.

And the travel time on the missiles is very noticeable. I was engaging the Magnate at something like 60km, and I thought that I was bugged or something at first, because I fired and... nothing. More nothing. Fireing again. Nothing. Oh, hey, your first volley hit something.

Wow. How very irritating.

Lest anyone think I'm being too negative, I laughed myself silly when the station guns opened fire on me.

I'm actually looking forward to flying the Drake in real combat situations, but it's clear that I'm going to have some significant adjustments to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment